Mark Dhooge, President and CEO
A Message from our CEO:
Imagination is powerful. It allows us to dream of a future, to plan for success, and to create a vision of what life could be for families in South Florida. For over 35 years, the imagination of supporters like you has helped KID realize the dream of providing better community services and improving lives.
Families of KID have the freedom to imagine a future that is safe, secure, and loving. It takes the investment of time, resources, and talent to transform imagination into improvement through many opportunities to give back; spending time as a volunteer, providing financial support, and offering a caring environment for children to grow by becoming a foster parent.
It is that magical combination of imagination and investment which leads to breakout services and outstanding improvement. In fact, KID operates the largest network of foster care and kinship families in Broward and Palm Beach counties, and its collective programs are consistently recognized as best practice models for human services.
A community that takes care of one another in times of need knows that investment in imagination creates hope, and hope leads to great things. With your help, KID can imagine a brighter future by investing in a better today to improve the lives of many.
On behalf of KID, thank you for imagining with us. Together we will make a difference in the lives of children and families in need!
On behalf of the KID in all of us,
Mark Dhooge, CEO
The newest member of the KID leadership team, Reggie Alexis brings a unique leadership style which serves to maximize the collaboration between the mission of KID and those supporting the cause. Joining KID from the National Parkinson Foundation, Reggie is responsible for finance and accounting, and other strategic initiatives that will help advance and streamline our programs. An alumni of Leadership Hollywood 2012, and a member of Miami Finance Forum, he is passionate about seeking out the best in others, and bringing both professional and personal goals to fruition for all involved.
Lisa Bayne has more than 20 years of experience in the health and human services sector. During her 14-year career at KID, she has worked in both clinical and managerial positions, and has developed long-lasting relationships with community advocates and leaders to support and assist vulnerable children and families. In her current role, Lisa oversees the KID programs, accreditation, licensing and audits, CQI, and grants. Lisa is licensed by the State of Florida Department of Health as a Clinical Social Worker with additional qualification to supervise other clinicians towards receiving their licensure. Lisa is on the Executive Committee of the Children and Families Leadership Association (CFLA) and has participated in the Community Foundation’s Ready 2 LEAD Program and the American Express Leadership Academy.
Annette Gardiner brings more than 5 years of human resources management, and sixteen years of service in the non-profit sector to KID. Prior to joining our organization Annette worked with the Broward Healthy Start Coalition. A true community activist, she continues to give back by serving on committees such as the Broward Human Trafficking Coalition, volunteering at Seagull Alternative School, and serving as a mentor with the Broward County School Board. In 2012 Annette was inducted into the Broward County Women’s Hall of Fame for her work in the community. 2013-2014 Community Impact Report.
Drawn to KID because of the core value of family, Amy strongly believes that every child deserves to grow up in a safe, loving, and encouraging home. With over a decade of experience engaging donors through special events, Amy combines her commitment to the children with her desire to create a meaningful and enjoyable experience as a means to engage our sponsors, corporate partners, and donors in our worthy mission. She believes the synergy of like-minded people coming together to make a difference is both inspirational and paramount to changing our community.
2018-2019 KID Board of Directors
- Shannon Gilbert – Chair, Arthur J. Gallagher
- Robert G. Schemel* – Past Chair
- Kimberly Cagiano – Vice Chair, SunTrust Bank
- Mike Sipe – Vice Chair, Mike Sipe Entertainment, Events & Production
- Major Nathan Osgood – At-large, Broward County Sheriff’s Office
- Robert Becker, Norwegian Cruise Lines Holdings
- Elliot Borkson*, Esq, Elliot P. Borkson, P.A.
- John Colodny, Wiring.com
- Alain Forget, Royal Bank of Canada
- Michael Gorham, Brown and Brown
- Carmen Johnson, JM Family Enterprises
- Michael Levin*, Janney Montgomery Scott
- Chief Paul O’Connell, Wilton Manors Police Department
- Bruce March, Greenburg-Traurig
- Marie McKenzie, Carnival Cruise Lines
- Lesley Mitchell Jones*
- Steve Palmer*, Stiles Corporation
- Sue Redfern, Licensed Foster and Adoptive Parent
- Florida State Senator Nan Rich*
- Eris Sandler, BankUnited
- Jennifer Thomas
- Alan Tinter*, Tinter Traffic, LLC
* denotes lifetime member
Lifetime KID Board Members
- Gene Berns, Housing Marketing Team
- Gary Bitner, bitner.com
- Brent D. Burns, JM Family Enterprises
- Dr. Joan Gelormino, University School
- Ronald P. Glantz, Glantz and Glantz
- Edward Hirschberg, CPA Kaufman, Rossin & Co., P.A.
- Scot Hunter, Emerald Planning Group
- Jillian Krueger-Printz, Broward College
- Debbie Mason, Mason Strategic Communications
- Edward McGee
- Allan Minter, Hogan Group
- Michelle Petrie
- Lloyd F. Rhodes, The Rhodes Insurance Group
- Woody Rode
- Midge Shailer
- Lee Sheffield
- Maria Soldani
- Sandy J. Steen
- Nancy Tanner, State Attorney’s Office
- Kenneth Tate, Tate Capital
- Jeff Thompson, MorganStanley SmithBarney
- Teresa Widmer
- Don Works III, Jackson Lewis
Palm Beach County Advisory Board
- Jeff Gordon, Chair, KID Foster Parent and Lesser, Lesser, Landry and Smith, PLLC
- Robert Schemel, KID Board of Directors
- Carmen Johnson, JM Family Enterprises
- Pastor Larry Mayer, Church by the Glades Lake Worth Campus
- Mark Dhooge, KID President / CEO
- Lisa Bayne, KID Vice President / COO
- Amy Evans, KID Director of Advancement
- Diana Lake, KID Director of Foster Care