KID Responds to COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, the KID campus is currently closed, but KID is open. We are here and working harder than ever to carry out our mission to prevent child abuse, preserve the family, and treat children who have been abused and/or neglected. KID programming has moved to a virtual environment to ensure everyone remains safe. We are pleased to report that with this shift in services KID therapists and family support workers have been able to double down on the face-to-face time they have with clients, in turn being able to serve more children and families each day which is needed now more than ever.
As a member of the KID family, we are here for you too. If you or anyone you know is in need of KID services, we would be honored to serve you or connect you with a much needed resource. Please call 954.390.7654 or message us on social media to connect with KID. Together, we will make what seems impossible, KIDpossible.
The KID Team has gone above and beyond during this unexpected and uncertain time and we would like to share some highlights:
- No lapse in services with the shift to a virtual environment and our therapists and family support workers have doubled face-to-face contact with virtual home visits/therapy sessions.
- Educational Services are providing resources, schoolwork, and doing virtual check-ins with all of our students.
- KID created a Community Resource Guide that has been shared all across Miami and Broward County to other non-profit partners.
- Our incredible facilities team has done professional grade cleaning of all campus areas, keeping the children in our foster family group homes safe, as well as, our team.
- KID partnered with Feeding South Florida as a food distribution site for families and with FLIPANY as a school meal distribution site. We will continue to do so each Monday from 9-11am or until food is distributed.
- Foster Care is offering virtual pre-service training beginning Thursday, April 2, from 7-10pm.
Often in the midst of crisis, the need for foster parents increases. KID is determined to be prepared. With stay at home orders in place, it was imperative for KID to be innovative to continue to recruit and train foster parents while keeping our community safe. KID Foster Care is currently offering virtual, pre-service foster parent training for Broward and Palm Beach County residents via Zoom. Pre-service training begins on Thursday, April 2, from 7-10pm. Training will run for 7 weeks.
When fellow nonprofit partner, Forever Family, learned of the virtual training, they wanted to help spread the word. KID was quickly featured on the Forever Families segment on NBC6. We are so grateful and blessed to partner with others in the community, combine forces, and help change the lives of children and families who need it most. For more information on how to become a foster parent or to register for the training, call 954.390.7654 x1287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If anyone would like to explore ways to work with KID during this time, please contact the Advancement Team at 954.390.7620. We will be happy to assist you.